Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.


Hand-Knitted Pullover For My Granddaughter

Hand-Knitted Pullover For My Granddaughter

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Draped Knitting






 

I knitted this pullover for my third granddaughter, Aubrey Rose, taking only her body measurements and knowing my tension on my favorite needles (9 sts = 1 in). As my work progressed, I draped the knitting on her body, deciding where to switch yarns and where to locate the sleeves. My mental stimuli for this project were springtime flowers in antique, Chinese vases--blue-and-white porcelain, celadon, ching pai, and polychrome.

Draped knitting is equivalent to a dressmaker's pinning and cutting fabric on a mannequin, as opposed to using flat patterns (in this case, as opposed to following a printed pattern).

Do try it. It liberates you from many traditional restrictions.

No comments:

Post a Comment