Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.


Hand-Knitted Pullover For My Granddaughter

Hand-Knitted Pullover For My Granddaughter

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Re-Stranding My Antique Beads

I collected bowls of antique beads over the years. I re-strand them into necklaces whenever I have time. It has a therapeutic effect on me.

The antique dealers I deal with are close friends and, as far as I know, trustworthy. In the Philippines, documentation of provenance is not a priority. It is alleged that these beads date back to the Galleon Trade in the Philippines and that they are mainly from North and South America.

At any rate I myself can't be bothered with documentation. If I like something, I buy it, and the basis for liking is usually a combination of how something looks, whether I think it is beautiful or not, whether I am willing to grow old with it, how it makes me feel, and its capacity to bring me joy. It's the very same basis behind my purchasing yarn!


Red and Orange Carnelians:












Cobalt Blues:






Chevrons:










Ifugao pang-ao (antique glass beads lined with gold foil, from North America):




Amber glass:





Two-Faces:





Assorted Kendi Beads:























No comments:

Post a Comment