Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.


Hand-Knitted Pullover For My Granddaughter

Hand-Knitted Pullover For My Granddaughter

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

My Wuxia Scarf

Finished my wuxia scarf in December 2015 but couldn't find the right model to photograph it on. This full-length piece with a shaped hood was inspired by my viewing of The Return of the Condor Heroes a.k.a. The Romance of the Condor Heroes on Taiwan's GTV. This part of the trilogy is about the life (childhood through old age) of the wayward, maverick, and rebellious Yang Guo, a warrior who falls in love with his mentor, an enchantress, and marries her. He becomes an old man while the enchantress remains young forever.

The scarf I made looks nowhere near that worn by the character in the wuxia, but I definitely had him in mind while knitting it.










Photos by Jefferson Solayao



No comments:

Post a Comment