Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.


Hand-Knitted Pullover For My Granddaughter

Hand-Knitted Pullover For My Granddaughter

Monday, February 8, 2016

Never snap up new yarn and then frenziedly produce something with it to show others. You will end up looking at others' knitting like a housewife on a house-hunting show who enters a modest kitchen and whines, "I don't like it!" "I want modern!" "I want the appliances updated!" "I want stainless steel!" "I want granite!"--not realizing that stainless steel makes any kitchen look like a morgue and that "granite" is really liquid polymer fiberglass. Unbeknownst to the housewife, she is at the mercy of the house agent. The agent could walk her into ANY kitchen and either say "This was built in the 1970s" (and you can hear the housewife immediately reply "I want modern!" without thinking) OR say "This was recently renovated" (and you can hear the housewife immediately reply "Wow!" without thinking). Yarn promoters are like that real-estate agent.

Any housewife with character will want and need only appliances that WORK.

Therefore, when buying yarn, discern and discriminate. Don't ride on trends. Never fall for fancy names; such names could be disguising old yarn with new labels. Buy your yarn like buying exquisite textile. Consider setting it aside for several years. And then use it to create something after the yarn is no longer in stock and is no longer available to anyone. That way, no one else can copy your work.

Don't make your knitting timely. Make it TIMELESS.




No comments:

Post a Comment