Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.


Hand-Knitted Pullover For My Granddaughter

Hand-Knitted Pullover For My Granddaughter

Monday, January 19, 2015

Collecting Small Cases

I did not deliberately collect small cases--they sort of came my way over time. They serve me well, however, in my knitting work. Here are some of the small cases in my possession:



Top Row: Sterling silver cases--they remind me of Hans Christian Andersen's "The Steadfast Tin Soldier".

Middle Row: An enamel case between two sterling silver cases.

Bottom Row: A pierced brass case from Karachi, an Art Deco box, and an antique, sterling silver reliquary.




Top: A sandwich lunchbox, a gift from my granddaughter Angelique three years ago.

Middle: Antique tins.

Bottom Grouping: A round, cat tin containing measuring tape; a bird tin containing needles; a hexagonal tin containing stitch markers, a sunburst tin, a pig tin, a Madame Tussaud tin given to me by my sister Sylvia at least 15 years ago, and a TinTin pencil case given to me by my student Meeko two years ago.







Left Column: Camel-bone, brass, and rhinestone cases from India.

Right Column: Miniature, handwoven baskets from the Philippines.




Left: A case made of rolled, telephone directory paper, given me by children in conflict with the law at Molave Youth Home, Quezon City, when I conducted my "Writing from The Heart" workshop for them three years ago.

Right: Abalone case, a gift from Quezon City Mayor Herbert Bautista.




And, having done and said all that, my most useful cases are of translucent plastic. I want to know what I have because I can see what I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment