Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.


Hand-Knitted Pullover For My Granddaughter

Hand-Knitted Pullover For My Granddaughter

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

My Bobbins

These are the two types of knitting bobbins I use.

The bobbin above is easier to use if one prefers unlocking the yarn once and having it flow freely while knitting an entire row.

The bobbin below is preferred by obsessive-compulsives. There is more yarn control, and one can even measure how much yarn will be consumed on a row by the number of times the yarn is unlocked from the bobbin.






I had these bobbins made of clear acrylic. I call them "ghost bobbins". It's as though the yarn is wound around thin air and hangs mysteriously suspended from my work, as I work. I use these only at home though. There is one disadvantage: when you drop them, it is hard to locate them on the floor.



No comments:

Post a Comment